Register Search FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Log in  
Reply to topic installing problem Error 1931
installing problem Error 1931
cartridgestation

Hi
Am having problem installing version 2.02, please find below there error.

Error 1931. The windows Installer service cannot update the system file
C:\windows\system32\scrrum.dll because the file is protected by windows. you may need to update you operating system for this program to work correctly.

Thank you.
dynasoft
Site Admin

The splashscreen of the installation package advises to ignore these msgs.
seaheh

Dear Dynasoft Admin, I also encountered same error message. But the files involved were MSINET.DLL and MSINET.DLL.

I ignored the error by clicking OK button, but the server application couldn't start up. I reinstalled my operating system many times to ensure a clean start, but the same error persisted and I had not successful in starting the server application.

Any advice??? Thanks
seaheh

Sorry, the file was WININET.DLL.
dynasoft
Site Admin

Hi

Which OS are you using? SurfShop on Vista does not work 100%. We will release an update later this year which should work better.

Regards,

Mike
seaheh

Admin,

I am using XP Pro SP2 OEM and in NT domain. I attempted to patch OS to SP3, the same error occurred. I also attempted to install in workgroup environment. Any known issue in these environment?

Regards
Seah
dynasoft
Site Admin

Hi

So we can help you diagnose what is wrong, please install a vpn (Netmeeting, MSN Messenger's Remote Assistance, Remote Desktop, realvnc.com, TeamViewer) on the PC giving problems. More information on how to use MS MSN Messenger's Remote Assistance: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457004.aspx - Use info@dynasoft.net to get in touch with us via MSN Messenger. More information about realvnc: http://www.realvnc.com/gettingstarted.html - For realvnc, make sure you redirect ports 5800 + 5900 in your router and/or firewall to the internal ip address of the PC you're working on - Use this page to check if your copy of VNC Server is reachable from outside: http://www.realvnc.com/cgi-bin/nettest.cgi - You will have to send us your public IP address and VNC password once it is installed correctly. Make sure no firewall is blocking the VNC ports. For SurfShop, if the problems occur on a client PC, please install the VPN on both the server and client PCs and send us the ip address and password (if set) for both. Thank you.

Regards,

Mike
dynasoft
Site Admin

Hi

We have published a new update of our free version of Cybercafe SurfShop which better handles Vista and includes a new installer. Downloads are available from http://www.dynasoft.net/surfshop/downloads.html .

Any comments about this update are welcome.

regards,

Mike.
installing problem Error 1931